Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Strawberry Rain

Welcome to Wednesday!
Overall, I gotta tell ya, yesterday wasn't all that thrilling. I'm pretty sure you can all guess what my sweet treat of the day was.... a cupcake! I mean, they have got to get eaten before they go stale - that's my theory. Although I'm happy to report I still ate only one. It was awesome! I caved a little too early in the day though, should've waited until closer to suppertime before indulging. Here she is! (was!)


Weird - Blogger has changed the picture upload feature. When I just clicked on "photo" it brought up a gallery of every single picture I've ever uploaded to my blog. I've got to tell you, that's alot of pictures. My question is - why bother? I'm not going to repeat the photo if I've already posted it. Odd.

I stayed up WAY past my bedtime last night. Generally, I go to bed around 8:30 (on average) but last night I had to pickup Rob's Dad in Deer Lake at half past midnight. Rob went on to bed at 7:30pm, and I was stuck awake all night attempting to keep the animals quiet so he could sleep. As if THAT's not a test in patience! Have you ever seen a deserted airport in the middle of the night? Cause it looks something like this...

EMPTY

And in a play by play update, Bear is definitely winning the current wrestling match taking place in the middle of my living room floor. Although, that move there looks a bit more like submission, so perhaps this is more Mixed Martial Arts style - think I should call UFC with a submission video? LOL

So after getting to bed after 1:30am, and Rob waking up at 4am to get ready for work, I was gung-ho to start my day at 6:50am. After physio, I did cut up strawberries this morning! The other day I picked up 3 x 1lb clambshells because they were only $1.97 ea! That's cheaper than apples, oranges or grapes! I can't wait to dig into these babies later!


What is with facial hair nets? If you work fulltime in a deli, and are required to put a hairnet over your face (cause come on, facial fuzz in your food is nasty) is it honestly worth it? Wouldn't you just make your life easier and shave? 40hrs per week with a net over your face can't feel very sophisticated. Especially because you're dealing with the public. I honestly don't have enough facial hair to be concerned, and I don't wear nets on my face, but if I had to everyday I'm pretty sure my priorities would change!

Oh. P.S. I was wrong, all the good shows do not come on late at night. Apparently I was incorrect about that, cause I was bored last night. I did however lose my "Glee" virginity, and I'm not sure what to make of it. Perhaps just a tad flighty and musical for me. Hard to judge, but it didn't have me giddy that's for sure.

Well, that's all she wrote folks. I'm heading into physio again in a little while to pickup the new brace. I'm expecting this one to be more successful than the last one. Hopes are up! Don't let this week of rain get you down. There's sun on the other side of the clouds!



2 comments:

  1. at some point you are going to make enemies by hogging all the strawberries on the island.....just sayin ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't comment on your newest post for some reason. We have a dvr so I usually skip commercials. I might have to watch a few of them from now on. And shame of you with the cupcakes...no it's okay I cheated last night too. It was Honey's b-day and I went to Target and got 1 slice of red velvet and 1 slice of choc/pb cake. We all split them...so good:)

    ReplyDelete