Thursday, April 29, 2010

Ads Ads Ads

Happy Thursday to Everyone!

I've decided to go blogging in a different direction this morning. Try something new today, since we are rumoured to get a little bit of sunshine later (and that's a fun new thing for us too!). You're going to require sound to get the full effect, so I apologize in advance if you aren't prepred.

I love lists. Some of you may already know how much I like to write them, probably Peggy from having to put up with me at work so much. Rob, maybe, although he probably really hasn't noticed.

What you may not know is that since we got our house, we now have satellite. To put this in perspective for people, I haven't had cable for tv in about 8 years. So here I am, relearning what I like to watch. I'm sure most of you can guess I spend a fair bit of time on the History and National Geographic channel. What you might not expect is that I'm developping a love for commercials.

I really don't remember television ads being anything other than a pain in my butt when I was young. I always changed the channel when they came on, and then flicked back when they were over. Ads were lame and dumb. Not anymore people!

A good television ad today is like the perfect pair of sneakers. If they are well done, they are sooooo nice - but if they are done wrong it basically just hurts.  

So I have compiled a list of my current favorite television ads. Now I don't watch alot of tv, so I am probably missing tons of fantastic commercials out there. Yet, from what I've seen these are the ones that are complete little pieces of art. They tell a story, but end quickly - like a great joke. I will start with the HM:

Honorable Mention: E*Trade
I will watch any E*Trade ad, I love them all! I have never seen one on tv, but I've stumbled across them online (because they always make a superbowl ad).



Best Current Ad #5: Axe
Anyone who knows me at all is going to see why I think this ad is just freaking hilarious!



Best Current Ad #4: Knorr
I don't know if it's the Michael Bolton, or the sad little salt shaker but this ad just gets me all emotional



Best Current Ad #3: Quaker Crispy Minis
This ad just makes me smile and so happy, I can't believe it's for mini rice cakes! haha



Best Current Ad #2: Doritos
All I've got to say about this is: Hahahahahahahahaha Brilliant!!



Best Current Ad #1:
Everytime I watch this it gives me goosebumps!

CLICK HERE
(Sorry everyone, I searched everywhere but couldn't find an embeddable version)


As for regular blog news, I have a confession. I ate two cupcakes yesterday. They were tiny people! I mean it was only half of the big one in the middle! And they were going stale! Ok, I know all excuses but there you go. I had two teeny cupcakes instead of just one. I admit it. Guilty.














1 comment:

  1. some commercials are just wonderful. they have so much less time to make you laugh or cry and basically get you to want to buy their product.

    I'm emailing you a link of one of my favorites just because it wont let me post it in my comment.

    ReplyDelete