Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Frills

It's monday morning, and we managed to survive a gorgeous long weekend. Imagine! Although I was on call saturday and sunday so my activities were pretty much limited to yard work and reading on the deck (rough!), with dog walking taking place mostly outside the hours of 11-7. Can you believe I had to put on sunblock yesterday? I mean, week one of April and that hot already. I remember when I was little the easter bunny used to bring me a new dress every year to wear to church for Easter Sunday. It usually was nice enough to pull this off. I'm pretty sure those Easters were in May. Plus the last few years, although the easter bunny stopped bringing me flowery, frilly outfits I know it wouldn't have been warm enough to wear one anyway. I've been looking for a picture that I remember, one that emphasizes the frills, but I can't seem to track it down this morning. If I manage later, I will post it here to show you and give you a giggle.

Last night I read a news article that took me by surprise and made me awfully ticked off. Now, apparently it isn't new news, but it's new to me. Did you know that our idiot, moron, poor excuse for a prime minister has decided that he is not going to renew our Governor General's contract. He's going to replace her! I think Michaelle Jean is one of the best, most positive things to happen to politics in Canada in a long time. God forbid Stephen Harper tolerates a beautiful, intelligent woman who isn't afraid to take a stand for her own political viewpoint. It's not like she denied him his repeated, unfounded requests for proroguing parliament! For the love of the sun! I was so ticked off when I read that news last night I couldn't even think straight, can feel my blood pressure rising just thinking about it. I hate him that much.

I saw a red sky this morning and I remember the saying 'red sky at night, sailor's delight - red sky at morning, sailors take warning' and baby, the sky at sunrise was awfully pink today. I have no idea the forecast but I know this.... I hope Stephen Harper gets a wicked bad papercut this morning at work.

I have a confession. I rented the movie Surrogates over 2 weeks ago now and still haven't watched it, or taken it back. I refuse to take it back unwatched, because it's so late now and it's going to cost so much in fines when I finally do take it back that to not even be able to justify it a little by saying I did watch it is a total waste. And yet, somehow, it seems I'm not motivated to watch it or it would've been watched by now. Goodness gracious. Someone kick some sense into me eh> Haha. It's just there are other things I'd rather be doing!

I slept in until 6:15am this morning and now I'm slow on the go. I'm going to keep a positive thought up that it's going to be glorious today like yesterday was. Imagine! So much sunshine in April, it has to be a good sign! I hope that everyone had a good easter and now I'm going to go back to hunting for that picture.... I just keep telling myself once the Easter chocolate is gone it's gone, and there are tylenol for the headaches if they get bad enough. Sucker for punishment! lol

Two reminders:
- Please vote for Remy's picture in the Canadian Living contest, links posted in previous entry
- Please donate $5 to the Suicide in Japan project, links posted in previous entry. Just click the green box that says back this project


I couldn't find the picture I was looking for, but I thought this one was cute. Picture this dress, with a white plastic sun bonnet (and a big bow on it), little white gloves with frills around the wrists, matching little white socks with frills around the ankles and little patent black shoes. Cuuuuuuuutie!

3 comments:

  1. Because I am bum I have to say, easter has never been in may lol has it??? Huuuugs - Casie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So it seems you are right, I just polled the room and Easter is never in may. wtf? haha Well, how about late april? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. nope... its usually early april or late march

    ReplyDelete