Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Seeded!





Rob took these pictures while we were out walking the dogs the other week, and since I rarely end up in pictures myself I figured what the heck - postem!

Meanwhile, guess what I did yesterday? Planted my seeds! (Well, I did alot of other things too, but planting seeds is what I wanted to tell you about). Now, we need to consider that this is the first time I've done this on my own. When I was a kid, we had a garden each year but my memory recall of that is pretty selective... what can I say. From what I have read, you generally plant your indoor seeds 4-6wks before you plan on moving them outside. Well, just over a month from now is May 24th weekend and I think that we are usually in the frost clear by then. I've gone with peas to go in potters, and then onions, carrots, lettuce and spinach for in the garden.

Now, I'm admitting that I'm a newbie so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Please feel free to comment with suggestions - yay new hobbie!






I had two very curious helpers for the entire process. I'm a lucky girl!

I can't wait to see little green growth, it's so exciting!! Now maybe this weekend I will talk to Rob about building our garden ..... it is supposed to be sunny afterall!

Keep Smiling!

2 comments:

  1. Yayy gardening! haha I know nothing about it, though I'm sure my mother would be able to give you lots of tips. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually it's your mom's garden that gave me the idea of building a garden box!

    ReplyDelete