Monday, April 5, 2010

Sookie Blanket

Have you ever met someone with the name Sookie? No, not the type of blanket. I don't mean a nickname, at least I don't think it is. Sookie Stackhouse. I was intrigued by some online gossip I stumbled across in regards to the series True Blood, so when I looked up what this show is all about I discovered it's based on a book series! How interesting.... Now yes, I admit I have read the Twilight series but that was quite some time ago. I try not to read the real mainstream novels because I find them boringly unoriginal. However, I've been off work with this knee issue way too long, having exponentially too much time on my hands and looking for something to entertain. So, you will imagine my surprise when I saw the books that the tv show is based on, I've actually read one.




Now, I didn't remember what it was about. Au contrare, I had absolutely zero recollection, only the fact that I had actually read it. That happens to me alot when it involves novels. Sometimes, I don't even remember if I've read a book at all until I look back at my visual bookshelf on fb and it says I read it and rated it. Go Figure! I suppose that's what happens when you read alot. Either way, I knew Sookie but didn't remember her. So, this weekend I was sitting at home one night, had just finished another book and with peaked curiosity from seeing this television series info, I looked up the series in the Amazon Kindle Store. 8 books in the series, download the entire boxset for $35. SCORE! I re-read the first one and am now on the third book. No shame at all, I'm just breezing through these which leads me to think one of the following must be true:

- The books are short - a possibility
- I read fast - I don't think this is the case which leads me to
- I have no life and too much time on my hands, and perhaps misconstrued priorities



Either way, the fact that I know there are 8 books and I have them all at my fingertips has lead me to become totally engrossed. On the edge of obsessed maybe. Ok, maybe not THAT bad. It takes mucho effort to drag myself away, put the kindle down, and get things done. It almost hurts, and I'm pretty sure if it weren't for responsibilities I could spend entire days curled up not even aware the world was spinning or prime ministers were making idiots of themselves.



I like to take a bottle of vitamin water, pour about 2 inches into the bottom of a glass and top it up with cold water. mmmmmmm. refreshing. Currently I'm feeling the Green Tea flavour. Although, the XXX flavour is yummy too. Not full strength but diluted just enough to flavour the water in the glass. It's good stuff.


And damnit, what is with that stupid lip on the edge of the countertop? I know, it's probably there so that if you spill liquids they don't run onto the floor. But I gotta tell ya, at 3:30am when you've decided to cutup some cheese to put in your boyfriend's lunch, but you're not really motivated to pull out the cutting board, it's a pain in the butt. Cause you're faced with two unsavory options (provided that a cutting board isn't a possible third because bending over to grab it outa the cupboard feels like work at this point). 1) you can cut the cheese normal and accept the fact that the bottom of the slices are going to breakoff unevenly, because the knife can't slide all the way to the bottom of the block, or 2) try to use the tip only so you have the angle to get to the bottom but realistically your slices just aren't going to come out pretty with the lack of coordination and tip manoeverability. I say grr baby, very grr.


Also, have you ever seen photos of your parents when they were your age now? Ya, what an eye opener that is! Except they have kids (presumably you), and you don't. And your grandparents look in picture about the age your parents are now, which is a little startling as well. But damnit if they don't always look super happy! Does my heart good, if not a little home sick in the process.

1 comment:

  1. BAH HAH BAHHHAHAHAHAH! Lov the pics. Don't think about the age comparisons, I should show you one of my folks at my age. REALLY SCARY!
    Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete