Friday, April 9, 2010

Ronald Itch


So, Ronald McDonald is under attack. He's being looped in with the likes of the Marlboro Man, and some people that have too much time on their hands have decided that he has to be eliminated. Taken out. Reasoning? He's a bad influence on the health of children and it's been going on too long according to Corporate Accountability International.


So let me get this straight, McDonald's is smart enough to realize a marketing campaign that targets children will get them more revenue. Now, this isn't in prescription drugs or alcohol. In fact, Ronald doesn't even represent a regulated substance. Cigarettes haven been proven over and over again that they cause health issues, and they are only to be purchased with a certain age so Marlboro Man was in trouble. McDonald's is just fast food and anyone can eat it anytime the restaurant is open.


The real kicker is, it's not the children who are targeted that make the decision. The little kids can't drive themselves to McDonald's, can't order and pay for their own food. That's the adult decision. So I'm not really sure where the issue is. Plus, Ronald McDonald House has been helping little kids as long as I can remember. That's their purpose.


Yes I know McDonald's isn't healthy, no I don't agree with all the little kids I see eating it all the time. But, a cartoon character isn't the problem here. Kudos to Mickey D's for coming up with a marketing campaign that works. CAI needs to put their efforts into parent education perhaps, or lobbying for a healthier food option.
Bear woke up with at least one ear infection this morning, if not both of his ears. Darnit. Poor guy, so I'm going to call the vet office when they open and see if I can fix this problem. I'm going to watch him this morning to see if I can determine if it's one or both ears. If I can figure this out I might be able to just pickup medicine for him, instead of having to pay for a vet visit. And little Miss Remy has decided that when Bear is trying to itch his ears, he's trying to play with her. AGH lol
Rob's cousin Ian stopped in for a visit last night, and that was nice. I woke up this morning to a text message on my phone from a number I don't know asking if I have a blackberry. I'm thinking it's Rob's sister-in-law who I love to pieces so if that's the case no biggie. That's the only thing I can figure. I'm really not that popular.
Happy Friday to everybody! Although it calls for rain this weekend, life is unpredictable and perhaps we will get a little sunshine. New human ancestor species, woo hoo! Anytime a new fossil is discovered is exciting.


2 comments:

  1. as a kid I used to love McDonalds (still do...LOL) yet I never had such control over my parents as to have them feed it to me at will. And frankly the dumb ads during saturday morning cartoons of the Hamburgler, fries dude and that wannabee Barney monster never really gave me the urge to whine to my parents that I wasn't getting enough of it either....

    ReplyDelete
  2. that pic is priceless ;)

    ReplyDelete