Friday, April 23, 2010

It's gone quirky!

Why hello there happy readers! I just wanted to share with you the funniest thing has occured to me - I've entered a whole new level of blogging and I'm not sure that it's a positive thing or not... hehe but of course knowing me I'm going to interpret it as happy anyway. I'm blaming it on too much time on my hands the last little while...

I've become a follower of blogs written by people I don't know. They aren't even friends of people I know. How did this happen you ask? Well it's the darndest thing... Rob and I had an hour to kill this afternoon and I had possession of the computer. What to do with that eh?! Well, I didn't want to look at things I couldn't afford because quite frankly I'm in cutback watch the funds mode. So I decided to go blog surfing.

What is blog surfing you ask? Well I have no idea if that term actually exists, but it does now! It's when you randomly look at people's blogs. I don't know about other hosting sites but on blogspot you can click a little "NEXT" button up in the corner and it randomly brings up a blog for you. Now I've done this before a couple times but never came across anything of spectacular entertainment value. Until today! I stumbled across three blogs that I was so very happy to read, I enjoyed their conversational flow and pictures. Even the topics were lovely! They were all connected because the first girl I stumbled across is away on vacation and asked these other bloggers to guestpost for her while she was away. How cute an idea is that?! I guess she didn't want her readers getting bored.

So there I go scrolling and reading, even doing a little commenting. Know what? I loved it! I was thrilled to read each of those ladies' wonderful blogs. I on the spot decided to become a follower. This means that whenever they are updated, I get a notification in my dashboard that there is a new blog entry. I figure, if I enjoyed reading them so much today I'm certain that trend would continue in days to come. I was not the only follower, I noticed one of them had over 800 people doing the same thing (Ha, I guess that's why she had guestposters - what alot of people to keep entertained while you're on vacation!). Personally, I only have 2 followers. But that's ok, I'm a blogger newbie!

Rob asked what was I up to so long on the computer (usually I don't have much of an attention span for time killing on the internet) and I told him I was blog surfing. He got a chuckle out of that. I'm pretty sure he was completely uninterested, and I'm quite certain he reads mine only out of a loving respect and not from a personal desire. haha.

Well I must run, my two silly goofball animals are having a wonderful time peacefully playing and supper is on the bbq. Every friday evening we go down to Robert's mom's and we bbq steaks for supper. It's a wonderful tradition and I look forward to it every week! (although, maybe just because it means I don't have to come up with supper myself). Oops, Rob is running off - apparently we forgot the only salad dressing he likes and that's just not acceptable. My cute string of cursewords might've been the reason he didn't suggest I go grab it for him. Tehehe

Have a great weekend every one! I'm going to hopefully grab a new filter for my camera this weekend and I'll be able to take more pictures for you all. The polarized filter I have I think has somehow turned and it's effecting my pictures pretty badly. I think I'll go for a regular UV one this time. Cheers!!

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting blog Leslie, I'm trying to get in the habit of reading yours each day, more so just so I can spy on you and see what it is you really are up to. I'm jealous that you are going to Mom's for steak dinner, not only tonight, but now I hear every Friday night. I was not informed of this before. I must call you tonight and have a few chuckles together..... I have something funny to share about a conversation I had with my OBGYN....teehee. This blog thing is pretty neat, first time I've ever actually read one, and wouldn't even know where to start. Maybe you'll get me hooked when I'm off on Mommy leave. Wishing you were closer, but for now I guess we build our sisterhood via facebook and now bloggs and telephone. Come visit soon!
    Sincerely
    your newest bestest buddy

    ReplyDelete