Thursday, July 8, 2010

weekend layout

Yay!
 So remember I mentioned previously that I was doing some looking into my blog layout? I was trying to figure out how to change my design so that I could have my photos show up larger. I found that I was often picking photos not based on which ones were best but what you could see in the little image that fits my blog. It was time to see if I could do something about that. So you will notice that this site now looks a little bit different. What do you think? This will be the test post to see how it all works out. I would appreciate your feedback and input. Thanks!

Ok, now back to the cabin recap. First night there my hunny caught a salmon! Seriously! Check it out, I was so impressed (and so was Remy's nose...)




He made it look easy. What a pro, I was even willing to give it a try. Don't giggle too hard at these photos...



Ok. Technically my hunny accidentally caught that parr. But it was so cute I wanted my picture with it anyway. Heck, it's better than my past record this year of only catching tree parts!

On sunday, we loaded into the truck and headed out to civilization. My hunny and I had been wanting to go to the Torrent River salmon viewing thing a ma jigg, and dad came along to spend time with us and see if it'd be neat for Max to view when he arrived later on the week. It was super neat!




and of course, you can't forget the fish. They were estimating 400 were holding in the fish ladder waiting to be released. (If you're wondering what in the world a fish ladder is, it's a structure built to aid the salmon in swimming up river over the waterfall).


Fantastic!

ok and if you're wondering why in the world I have posted twice today - the end of my dad's visit is tomorrow morning pre work. Plus my brother and nephew are here too so I have to soak up every second of family while I get the chance. I'm trying to get my amazing weekend completely posted before another weekend is completely upon us! hahaha.

Love you all and please let me know what you think of this new format.
(and anything else you feel like sharing).

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Should be an option to "love this".... jus sayin....
    Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowww.. AMAZING !!.. fantastic, and wonderful, heart-warming and full of memories for me. I could HEAR the sounds of the water..even the splash of a fish ! Feel my feet on those rocks in the river, and I could almost breathe the air there !.. Thank you so much for letting me share this trip with you through your pictures !! How VERY delightful !! Thank you, thank you, thank you !!
    Aunt Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete