Wednesday, July 7, 2010

cabin recap part one

Good morning everyone!

As it turns out a last minute work change around means that I get to spend some time this morning sharing stories and pictures with you. I'm pretty excited about it, if you can't tell.

I will start at the very beginning...... it's always a good place to start! This may be a long post so if you need to use the facilities or grab a cup of tea, I advise you to do so now. Don't say I didn't warn you!

We rolled out of bed 5am, hit the road at 6am and went for our essential hot liquids from Tim's. Anyone of you fellow Canadians may know that this is a requirement for all early morning road trips. I tried to stay awake and keep my driving hunny company, I swear I did. When I finally put my head down all the moose started jumping onto the road, so I decided for the safety of the trip I'd better sit back up.

When we'd left in the morning, after a quick relief in the yard we just loaded the animals into the back seat. As they were beginning to wake up I decided that would be the perfect excuse opportunity to drop by the beach at Shallow Bay and let them go for a run!





After a quick run in the sand, and use of park facilities we loaded back into the truck and hit the road.

Arriving at our destination at the decent hour of 10am. After some arm waving and hellloooooooooo calling I managed to get Dad's attention (we weren't quite popping out of the woods where he was expecting us) and he quickly rowed over to our rescue. I must add, that I just noticed in these photos he rowed over backwards. Maybe he was just REALLY excited to see us, or perhaps feeling a bit goofy. Plus it is downstream so he just had to steer and be guided by current. Too funny!






Once we arrived, sized up all dad's handwork he'd been up to and oooed and awwwed over his accomplishments he had something to show me. I must admit, I was intrigued. He told me to go over to the other side of a tree he was pointing at, climb up on the stump beside it and look into the tree. What do you think I found? Ok, technically dad 'found' it, but you know what I mean....

Baby bird! Apparently it started out as a nest of three, and I managed to catch the last straggler before being booted from the nest. Just a couple hours after I took this photo he was gone. May he live long and prosper.

I just wanted to put a side note in here that I've made my tea WAY too strong this morning. Yikes. Ok back to the story.

Very quickly after getting settled (or at least half settled), my hunny started his mission. The man wanted some fish, and my dad was more than happy to point out all the best spots and details of how this was carried out in the past. Sharing stories, it was fun for me to watch them (and of course continue my never ending photo snapping).



and I think I might end for today right here. I mean honestly, how did I imagine I was going to get through the entire trip in one post? This tea must be potent this morning to give me that sort of idea. I have to now get ready to go to physio (talk about being UNmotivated), as well as do some blog layout investigating before I run (and forget). So I hope you've enjoyed the details of the first few hours, haha, and I will have time the next two mornings to give you more. I have so many photos to share and so much to tell you! Can't wait. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment