Wednesday, July 14, 2010

sewing salad

This sewing DVD is awesome. Except for one small thing, they make it look so easy. I'm watching all of the chapters first before I begin anything just to get a better understanding. Then I will give it a shot.

First fantasy project: Properly thread the needle and bobbin (oh and get that wound properly too).

I would just like to say that I momments ago came across a baby spider nest right outside our front door and I killed it. I sprayed it down with some leftover homemade insecticide that we mixed in our kitchen last night (with googled instructions). Take that. Nasty.



I'm feeling the effects of little sleep. Last night, after we were in bed asleep a neighbor somewhere decided it was a night for fireworks - which took us all by surprise. Not only did we wake up but a startled Bear meant he began preparing for world war three in his kennel. I'm hoping my hunny got more sleep than I did, I had to take up camp out with the dogs to get them to calm down. Then after he headed off to work Bear decided he wasn't going back to sleep either. Needless to say he isn't my favorite puppy today. That fireworks guy should get a nasty letter for pulling a stunt like that on a tuesday night.







I am proud to say that last evening we harvested our first salad out of our garden. It only required about one leaf per plant and there was more than enough for two of us. We are going to have so much to give away once it gets bigger and the spinach is in. I'd have to say it was probably the freshest lettuce either of us ever ate. Pretty exciting! Meanwhile, my hunny having to pick very sticky, slimy green mini-worms off the broccoli was less than pleasant. We are learning our lesson with this brocolli. We are both thinking perhaps next year we will simply skip it. For this year we are trying to save it - you can see the damage being done even in the photo. Little buggers. Hence the homemade insecticide spray we had laying around.



Also, I was super happy this morning because I got to spend some time with a friend that is back in town visiting. She lives away and we haven't seen each other in a year. We've missed each other, pretty obvious too. I'm hoping we'll get another chance to visit before she leaves. Her time is a bit booked up with being home for her sister's wedding.



Today I'm off work and even though it is warm it is also completely grey. Good thing it was sunny all day yesterday and I missed it! hehe. My body might have gone into shock.

After some lunch and hopefully a nap - I tackle the threading. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment