Friday, July 23, 2010

RAMBLING MORNING CHAT

Good morning everyone! I've been taking advantage of working late today and enjoying my am of relaxation. I rolled out of bed later than normal (although I was congested. How did that happen?). Watched the news, ate some yogurt with granola, some toasted sweet bread (no, not homemade - it's from the bakery) and now about to start my tea. Man, does life get any better? Well I finished my book last night before sleep and haven't picked up the next one yet. Otherwise I might be out on the deck with Remy, reading and sipping.

Although, today isn't so nice out. Which I'm actually happy about! You see, I believe we planted our spinach too late in the garden. It's a colder weather crop. We waited. It was growing up healthy as grass, until we got some heat. Burnt it all up.  I'm a firm believer that if the plants had been more mature we would be in a totally different situation right now. But we aren't. Ha. So I think that if we could have a few cooler days, wet ones even, I might be able to get them back and going. I refuse to give up. Maybe give them a little nitrogen, see how that works out.



I'm waiting to see a review on Canada AM for Salt. Someone else must want to see this movie surely? Back to kickass Angelina. SWEET.

~*~

Wow. It's apparently a rambling day.

I wanted to tell you a story about our dog walk the other night. We went to the old hwy where it is paved but not accessible to vehicles. As we started out a few motorcycles came down to the parking area, and the further we got we noticed that all he was doing was burning rubber. I started ranting about how idiotic and moronic a thing that was to do. Eventually my hunny managed to divert my attention and we forgot about it. When we got back,this is what we saw on the pavement:


That's what he made burning out his tire! and ready for this? I LOVE IT! haha.
Talk about whiplash opinion change.
The thing is, I've decided that his tire must have been dead anyway, and before he replaced it with a new one he decided to put a smile on our walk.

~*~

One final story.



Remy is 7 months old this week. She's past all accidents in the house and goes all night or workday no problem now. I can't remember the last time she peed inside. Fast forward to yesterday morning. When I work in the am I wake up and walk her first thing. So yesterday morning she definitely had her walk and was good to go for the day. Fast forward to me almost ready to go to work. She was being sookie all morning. I spend about 2-2.5hrs with the dogs before I leave for work each morning, so they get some life time and aren't just left alone first thing. We have a routine. When I had my shoes on and was ready to give the animals their goodbye treats and kennel them, Remy took one look at me and peed on the carpet. Talk about a big Screw You Mom!


Now, I know being an adolescent puppy she is testing her boundaries. She wanted me to know that she did not want me to go and leave. Little rebel. But it was terrible timing. Honestly. What a little brat! I figured you would get a kick out of that.

My little angel is out on the deck now. If the door is open that is pretty much where she will be. It's her favorite place to just sit and see through the rails. Enjoy the fresh air and watch with her keen eyes.

p.s. I've gotten some basic instructions for my hunny's first blanket. Next week we will go and pick out some material he likes. Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment