Friday, July 2, 2010

Wake up and water the garden

Trying to get my brain turned on. It's more difficult than you would think. I'm feeling this way as a result of learning last night that no. We cannot see fireworks from our deck. They are located directly behind the two story house beside us. We can hear them and see general sky coloring but alas. That is definitely not worth staying up for.  haha


I'm rather intrigued by everything that is happening with the world cup of soccer ball. Have you heard about this? It's too round. I understand that Adiddas has met all the very strict fifa regulations and requirements for the ball. But it's new technology that we weren't prepared for. In case you're out of the loop: they have figured out somehow a way to put the stitches on the inside of the ball. So, as a result, the shape of the ball has now changed. Even just subtly. But as a result the ball isn't spinning predictably and how it reflects of the foot is also apparently altered. Like taking the little dents out of a golf ball they are saying. Goalies are claiming the ball is bouncing unpredictably. Isn't this interesting? Ok, maybe I'm just a nerd.



Since I know of so many wonderful women that read my blog (aren't I lucky?) I thought I would ask your advice. Do you have any great money-saving ideas that you've adopted and work? Or have even read about but not been brave enough to try? Last night I finally accepted that my essential expenses are outweighing my income right now. I've been trying to do things like bring reuseable water bottles filled up at home to work, instead of buying disposible ones.. but that's not going to cut it. So if you have ideas to share I would love to hear them. I really don't have time in my life to get another job...




Tomorrow morning my hunny and I are going to visit my dad and I'm excited. It may really be our only vacation this summer, so I'm planning on making the most of it. Short and sweet, but I am going to appreciate every momment of it. This will be Remy's first experience in the unedited woods. The type that doesn't involve cultured trails or manicured areas. We will see how she handles all the smells! So you most likely won't hear from me for a few days, but not to worry. Cabin here I come!


1 comment:

  1. Have a great visit with your papa! Save money? Buy in bulk - I'm thinking meat. And buy the cheaper cuts of meat. Freeze them already prepped. And take lunches - not buy them. Another tip - GET RID of any DEBT. NOW!

    ReplyDelete