Sunday, July 25, 2010

East meets West meets North

After work on saturday, it was beautiful sunny. My hunny and I decided to take advantage of that by heading down to the East meets West meets North festival on West St. It has been going on a few years now and we try to go see the exhibits. It's a nice time, a sweet diversion from regular everyday summer life. Something to do.

No we did not bring the animals. Do I look that crazy? Not today... haha


There were exhibits by the Dept of Wildlife, giving away free seedlings and showing replicas of local wildlife/ natural resources. A company from here that makes pet treats (etc) had a booth and here is a link to their website: Valleyview Gourmet Treat Shop. I got an idea for making a dog bed. Lets see, who else was there. Newfoundland Chocolate Company Although we learned last year that we aren't huge fans of their treats. Still, support local! I was happy to see their display. Also, there was a local art show going on inside the church. Hunny and I actually really enjoyed looking at all the paintings. Some talented people shown, including some works of art by one of my aunts.



There were other displays too. Some had already packed it in, as we didn't arrive til almost 7pm on the last day of the event. Better late than never!








Hunny took my picture. I know, I'm a bit awkward. Can't help it. Not photogenic.


And the RNC horses were out around town during the festival! Very exciting. They are huge and beautiful. Absolutely gorgeous. Glad I had my camera to snap a photo for ya.
Most unpredictable part of the evening? Walking back to our car and finding this:


Hahaha.

Some of my hunny's family arrived in town late last night and I'm so happy to see them (and their new addition!). Will tell you all about it tomorrow. My hunny also got bad work news today, so he's pretty unhappy about that. Hopefully having extra family around this week will help cheer him up a little.

1 comment:

  1. you can be photogenic, under the following circumstances, in no particular order....

    1) wandering the streets of the old port of Montreal

    2) when you aren't trying to pose

    3) not wearing flip flops....

    that said, the tree pic is very nice, natural pose instead of a straight up stance you would usually expect from a picture where the background has something fabulous in it ;) I think you and I both learned to smile from the same book hehehe.

    Did I ever mention how great your pics are? Awesome framing on the church pic, great angle :)

    ReplyDelete