Monday, July 19, 2010

APRON MADNESS

I did it!

My hunny is putting together a fan. I vowed as I laid in bed last night 1:30am, with not a breeze in the house even though every window in the place was open (except for the living room where the dogs were enjoying my bedroom fan, that I gave up to help them sleep better and pant less), that tonight I would not go to bed without having a fan in the bedroom.

We went to walmart. Sold out. We went to Canadian Tire. Sold out. We went to Kent.... a selection on sale! The new one even has a pedestal so it can blow level with my back on the mattress. SCORE! Solid $30 investment, I can't wait.

Oh, wait, and I did something else too. I created an apron. Yes.... created is my word for it. Because just sewing shouldn't take so long. haha. Ready to see it?

Maybe things aren't perfect, but I think they are pretty darn close! First project EVER! First time using the sewing machine all on my own EVER! Having the opportunity to waste enjoy hours of my day off sitting in a chair, learning something I'm not great at (yet), and trying not to lose my patience. Priceless. Baha ya right.

My hunny came up with the brilliant idea to double up the hem, keeping it neat and clean.



I figured I should put a little pocket on it, for cuteness and usefulness.



In hindsight, I perhaps should've made the lines all straight. Trying to do roundedness for my first project might've been a slight case of over-achievement. Heck, it turned out pretty darn decent I think!



What do you think? Come on, it's cute!

Hope everyone wants an apron for Christmas. I'd better get started on those gifts now, with how much time this one took. Any guesses on total hourage? hehe

Xoxo.

p.s. growing list of projects:
- blanket for my hunny
- hand towels for the kitchen
- snot rags for winter
- Christmas apron
- tablecloth
- reflective dog bandanas

4 comments:

  1. You have funny, interesting, and cool options, what about the "yay, awesome for you girl!" option, I'd tick that one.....
    Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you hun... I would be super proud to have an apron of your's (even tho i dont cook)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome results for first attempt. You are really brave to put a pocket on it. Proud of you kiddo....By the way, I love bibbed aprons..teeeheeeeAunt Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  4. AAAAaaaaaaa... You little DARLINGGGGG !!! OOOO, I am sooo proud of you !!!! What a fine job you did with that ! Your first try looks like a true success !!!
    I'll have to dig out more fabric for you to play with !!! I figure we would alllll be quite thrilled if we got an apron made by you !!! And by the way, to Gail..haaaaa.... Gail, you don't have to cook to wear an apron..you just learn to have fun in one ! doing whatever you do ! Come visit me some day, with Leslie??? Ya think?? You will be sooo very welcome !
    And soooo, there is my comment for nowww... I will see ya Leslie, soon, and can hardly wait to give ya a hug and all these things here for you to to sew with. I am sooo tickled and happy and blessed to be your " Auntie' ! I love ya !!

    ReplyDelete