Monday, July 12, 2010

sewing flowers

I have a little girl that isn't feeling well today. It could be the rotting fish she got into on the side of the road last evening. It could also be related to her first cycle which we are expecting any day now. I will say I'll be glad when that's over with. I'm sure she will be too. Then we can get her spayed and that will be that!


I also wanted to show you some photos of my cutie patootie little nephew. I snapped these the morning they were here, and I tried to soak up all the time with him I could.



I went to Auntie's this morning for a visit! It's always such a fantastic, uplifting way to spend a few hours whenever I can fit them in. I love her to pieces!

This is her little man Skipper:


I brought her down a few things when I went, and in my collecting I stumbled across some beautiful chrysanthemums (spelling?) for sale. You know I had to take those too! What I like to call food for the soul...



Auntie showed me the key to take that picture on the left. How to arrange the flowers and the best angle to snap the photo. Always good things to know! That woman is so full of useful knowledge I tell ya.

She also instilled me full of confidence that I can totally do this sewing thing. In fact, she also gave me the means - some money to purchase my first little sewing machine as well as some fabric to play around with. "Get a feel for" as she put it. Could you get anymore supportive than that? I tried to soak up all the gems she was throwing at me, all the information she knows and has to share. One step at a time, but I will keep you posted. I already had picked out the sewing machine I'd like to get, so since I now have the means hopefully that will happen this afternoon. Miss Gail - I'm going to take your advice and work on those straight lines!


Will keep everyone posted! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment