Thursday, July 15, 2010

DRIZZLY TEA THURSDAY

I love my hunny. A few weeks ago he was given an award at work, and part of that recognition included the choice of a gift. He waited, and went over the list of options with me and ultimately let me pick a present for myself. On the flip side, not many of the options were what I would consider practical - and I think we both realized that one of them was something I would definitely use.




















A nice glass tea pot infuser! Now, the glass seems awfully fragile so I will have to make the extra effort  to be less clumsy and more careful. How nifty is that?

I was sewing last night! We sat down and watched the dvd on my laptop, pausing every second step or so, allowing me to do what they were doing on my own sewing machine, and then pressing play again. Following along. Once we were all set, I spent the rest of the evening playing with the stitches. There are about 9 or so stitches, with 5 width settings for each. That's alot to get used to. So I played with what they turn out like. Ohh and that also helped me get use to the foot pedal.

Now, I'm just waiting for auntie to send over directions on how to actually make something. Haha.


Oh! And I forgot to mention this to you yesterday somehow, but I thought you'd get as big a kick out of it as we did. When my friend and I were step sitting and catching up yesterday we saw an interesting thing making its way along the sidewalk. What was that exactly?



It's a man operated vehicle with a big suction pipe designed to remove litter from the sidewalk. Yes that's right. It's rediculous. Instead of paying some students, or using up public service requirements for people on probation the city has purchased this rediculous contraption. Not to mention it obviously runs on fuel, so that's just one more reason why it's stupid. And how much does this guy driving it make? I don't even want to know.

So he was driving along the sidewalk, sucking up debris, missing pieces we could even see from the opposite side of the road. Then he shut it off a second and a bottle fell out. Obviously this thing doesn't recycle. When he started it back up he spent an entire 10 minutes trying to suck that bottle back up the tube. When he finally gave up, he got out, walked around and picked it off the sidewalk with his hands.

Give me a break. Makes me want to write a letter to the local paper. I can't be the only one unimpressed.

The other thing I wanted to add is yes, another layout change. I think this works best, the better of both worlds. I 've figured out how to have a wide blog path and my goodies on the side. Now I didn't intentionally change my background but I think this is cute as is. Love you all, have a great day!


1 comment:

  1. I like the new layout, and the background is very you. lol

    My mom has a teapot infuser thingy and they LOVE it. I hope you enjoy it just as much as they do.

    ReplyDelete