Sunday, May 16, 2010

weekend happiness

Some days I am convinced that I must be the luckiest girl in the world. Period.

It's just a wonderful feeling.


Ok, now moving onto the weekend.

The weather has been poor, and my hunny and I were on call which sticks us close to the house.



What better time to start working on some home renos!

It was finally the weekend to begin trying to put up that $5/roll wallpaper, and see if it resolves the wallboard phenomenon.



As you can see, we never finished because I just took this picture (hehe).

One of my major concerns was that it was going to look grannyish. It doesn't! The new improved walls are making the basement feel so much more fresh and clean.

Rob even began today putting up some baseboards and door mouldings!


That's the floor
and the door moulding.

We do not have the entire hallway done yet, but when it's complete I will take a picture of the final look.

So exciting!

Rob's mom and I also went baby shopping for Tanya!



However, I can't tell you anything about it yet because I know Tanya is reading this. Wouldn't want to ruin her surprise no matter how absolutely adorable cute it is!

We also splurged to try something new : a topsy turvy strawberry grower!



The only downside to this is apparently no seeds are included, and we are supposed to now go buy a dozen strawberry plants to plant into it. Did it say that outside on the box? Nope.

We were so excited to get it though that now we are hooked and are just going to have to invest in the plants and keep our fingers crossed!


No comments:

Post a Comment