Friday, May 21, 2010

CRML

My little brother is coming to visit today

I know, I've been saying it all week

Have I mentioned how excited I am?

For some of you that don't know, perhaps I will give a little background as explanation.

I love my little brother.



It was love at first sight, we were a pair from the very beginning



Growing up, I didn't really have alot of friends. The friends I had were not living in our neighborhood.

I had even better, I had my little brother.



He never made me feel weird, or awkward. We were geeky together.



He was the best friend ever. Always there for me, always loving me.



If I wanted someone to play with, he was the first volunteer and the perfect guy for the job



We went to the same school, we wore the same dorky uniforms together



Whenever we went on vacation, my little brother was there with me. What more could I have asked for but to have him by my side to share the best of times with?



My little brother would always do stuff with me, even if others would think it silly. If he thought so, he didn't say - he was always in.



In the family, he seemed to understand me the best. He always seemed to think my ideas were great.



It's amazing, when I go back through childhood photos that he is in SO many. Most all of them. If it isn't a photo of us we are at least sitting together, or standing side by side, or playing at something in the background.



Part of me wonders now how my older brother felt about it. He must have noticed, although I think he was too cool to be goofballs with us anyway. We probably embarassed him.. haha




We just got each other.


I love him mostly for being the happiest part of my childhood, for the entire life I had growing up



And he indulges me still!



I moved to Newfoundland 5 years ago, and was sad to leave him behind. I do get to see him a few times per year when I go home to visit. This is going to be the first time he has ever come to visit me!

The excitement is overwhelming. I'm not sure what we will do, and he's only here 2 days but it doesn't matter to me.

Have I mentioned how much I love my little brother and he's coming to visit today?


No comments:

Post a Comment