Monday, May 3, 2010

Story of Casie

July 2007 Photo


My friend Casie lives in Ontario.  The few times I have gotten to visit her were often in November, the pre-holiday crisp in the air.

I would generally get it into my head that the time downtown Toronto could be best spent taking advantage of diversity and doing some christmas shopping. She always heartily agreed!

One trip, we were perusing through Pier 1 Imports, and I fell in love with some beautiful Christmas ornaments. Secretly, I have a bit of a thing for tree decorations. Anyway, I didn't actually buy one, but thought them just wonderful nonetheless.  I often do this to myself, it's a side effect of my fundefficiency.

Meanwhile, a little bit later on, Casie pulls something out of her bag and hands it to me.  She says it's a surprise gift! Sure enough, I open it and it was one of those pretty ornaments.  I was so happy! When I thanked her, almost unable to keep the permagrin off my face, and asked why? She replied that her mother had always said:

"If you can do something that you know will make someone happy, then you should do it."

I've never forgotten that, it just feels so true. Thanks Casie for making such a positive impression on my life in such a little way. Love you girlie!

No comments:

Post a Comment