Monday, May 24, 2010

Postcard Perfect

Happy May 2-4 Everybody!

Here's hoping that you had as wonderful of a Queen's birthday as I did.

We went fishing!


We began getting ready when it was still overcast and grey, with a huge threat of rain. We were going anyway.

Load up the truck, stop to buy some timbits and off we go!
(No, not for the fish - they got worms we found under some rocks)


We arrived. First fishing trip of the year, first canoe trip of the year and eventually the sun came out!
Postcard Perfect!


We had so much fun!



Check out these incredibly cute little rubber boots!



Let the casting begin. I casted, and casted, and casted. We relocated, I casted some more. We switched worms, switched lures, moved again and continued casting.



I was on a mission.




All I managed to catch were tree parts.

Then it happened. My hunny picked up his rod, flicked it once and as soon as the worm hit the water


He got a little fish!

The day was epic. Quality at its finest.

Plus it is undeniably the first day of sun season for me - with unexpected rays I had no block.
No block means I have to call up my buddy aloe vera gel.
Nothing screams summer like that smell.
Yay!

1 comment:

  1. You are too cute. I haven't been fishing in years. I need to get my girls out there at some point this summer:)

    ReplyDelete