Tuesday, September 14, 2010

WAKE UP IN THE MORNING

Best. Morning. Off. Ever.

Well, maybe not ever but it has been so wonderful.

The new quilt has been started! Until you jump in the pool, the cold water around the edge is a pretty good deterrant. You know that once you get in, you'll have a lovely time. It's taking that first chilly step. I did it this morning. I believe that I have uncovered a tiny mystery. If before you go to bed, you make the decision to do it first thing when your alarm goes off int he morning... then when you do wake up you just do it. Your brain isn't awake enough to think, your fingers just dive right in. Then, the next thing you know, you have the beginnings of a new quilt and are happily engrossed.

Until, of course, you have to stop for a tea break.

Making my morning even better, I've rediscovered a favorite. I know that before I told you how much I love the movie You've Got Mail. I'm going to say this right here and now, get it in the open - I'm not a huge fan of "girlie" movies. I find so many of them just rediculous. There is, however, another I love. I have been searching for a copy, my old one has been missing for a long time... and no one seemed to have any in stock. Until now! So here I am, on my morning off, with some work done on my new quilt.... a perfect cup of tea (whose flavor is named "Simple Pleasures", btw), and Under the Tuscan Sun playing on the tv.

I love this movie. Love it!

The premise is a woman (a writer, yay!), who has a terrible divorce from her cheating husband and when push comes to shove, ends up spontaneously buying an old villa in Tuscany. Take it from there. Maybe I love the movie because I could see it being me in some other reality. Or I relate to her personality. I just love love love it! Plus, there's a character in it that reminds me alot of auntie, and another that remind me alot of my friend Matthieu. Except my friend is french, and the movie character is italian.  Anyway, Watch it !

Later on this morning, I plan on going to check out a fabric shoppe. It is the only one in town I haven't been to (we only have two...ha!). Rather tucked away and hidden. I have high hopes, as I find the other more public craft store a bit expensive. Will keep you posted! But I'm excited to wander the aisles, feel the fabrics, see the colors and patterns, and look for treasures.

I will leave you with a wonderful quote from the movie. I hope that you all have a fantastic day! xoxo

To be happy, "You have to live spherically - in many directions. Never lose your childish enthousiasm."

No comments:

Post a Comment