Monday, September 6, 2010

LABOUR DAY MONDAY

So much has happened! First off, my hands smell like Christmas trees and I can't stop sniffing them. But that's a later on story....

This morning, the sun was shining (and the wind was blowing) so we set out to the beach. We both agreed that since Remy doesn't tend to remember things for overly long periods of time, we should get her swimming and fetching sticks again before the water gets too cold.

So off to Bottle Cove we went!


Except we had one issue, hurricane Earl had left its mark. Not only was the beach covered in seaweed, but the water was full of it as well. So we couldn't really play on the sand, which was a small area with the high tide, and we couldn't get in the water because it was nasty as well. Remy wasn't having any luck remembering how to fetch sticks on the beach either.

Not worth staying.

So we relocated to the York Harbour beach instead. There, we did much better! (Although, the water was alot colder!).
























After a swim and visit with Auntie for quilting help, we booted back to town. I wouldn't be me if I weren't trying to fit more than enough things into one day off. What better way to spend a sunny, september afternoon than wild blueberry picking with my hunny and his mom?

I didn't remember ever doing this before. Personally, I thought it was a whole lot easier than when we went raspberry picking. I was the only one who felt that way, they didn't mind telling me.


Between the three of us we picked an entire bucketful! In fact, I've already had a bowl while I was uploading photos. So yummy.....

Finally, on our way home we made it in time to pull over with the crowds and watching the funeral procession go by for Brian Pinksen. The entire route over town was nothing but yellow ribbons, Canada flags and banners. I was moved to almost tears. All along the highway from the airport people gathered, including the legion in full uniform with flags flying. In town, the procession was met by crowds. I was holding back tears in the car as we made our way back home. I know, I never knew him.... but I still found myself upset at the loss and moved by the community support.

P.s.

Thanks to my hunny's sister Rochelle for picking up a massive bag of dog rawhides at Costco, on her trip to Halifax! We are appreciating the treat!

1 comment:

  1. If you would have bought that many blueberries in the store it would have cost a FORTUNE! Wowza. Have you ever heard that Steven Curtis Chapman song...If this was my last day? Something about a funeral procession really makes you think.

    ReplyDelete