Sunday, September 19, 2010

I'M BACK!

I'm finally feeling better.

Have you wondered where I've been? Had I disappeared or forgotten all about you? Hardly...

I've just been very under the weather. When one is sick, what energy one has seemed to be reserved for the top of the priority list. This for me includes work, dogs, and my hunny. Just barely. So.... sorry I've been absent. But now I'm back!

As a result, no I still haven't gotten to that darn fabric store. You may remember, friday morning was my opportunity... however I really was not very functional. I managed to make it as far as taking the dogs out and going to the store to pickup some bottled water (we are still under a boil order)... then I got to work.

I'm watching a movie with mom now, while the men are up getting their hunting gear together. She loves her movies, and boy do they make her laugh. I'm sitting here typing and she's just giggling and chuckling away. I love it!

I splurged this weekend and got new walking sneakers. I was desperate. I used to walk Remy in my hikers, but they started to hurt me. Then I switched to my old court shoes.... which got rid of the problem. I thought. Nope, so finally I buckled. Realistically, I do walk Remy twice a day. I have a history of leg issues. You'd think I would smarten up and get myself a real pair of walkers? Well, my wallet was content with letting me go without.... my legs were not. So, I finally buckled and got a pair - and they are miraculous! Remy and I went on a marathon walk all over town, after we finished cleaning this afternoon. She was a dream angel. You ever see someone walking a dog.... and it looks too perfect. Well that was us today! She walked directly beside me the entire time, sat at the stop lights and enjoyed the occasionally offered treat. We were the perfect team.

This morning we went fetching. The sun was still low, and the grass was drowned in morning dew. It glittered, and was beautiful. When we arrive, the dogs know exactly where we are. Remy gets so excited, she bounces around until she sprints over to our spot. There she sat, waiting for us, in the sparkling morning sunshine and it was picture perfect. I had no way to capture it for you, so you'll just have to imagine with me.

Oh, and this afternoon Peggy and I went for tea and homemade soup at Harbour Grounds. I must tell you, I love it there. I truly do. Part of me wishes it were mine, and the other part is glad it's someone else's responsibility so I can enjoy it purely for the experience. You must go, and if you come to visit me sometime  I promise to take you. It's conveniently, just down the road.

I know you've been denied pictures lately. Not intentional. I promise ya soon that you will be photographically updated in the near future.

Love you and miss you. Sorry I have been out of touch, but I'm back in action!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment