Wednesday, September 15, 2010

DIDN'T HAPPEN

I didn't get there. I was distracted. As soon as I wrote that I heard my hunny's voice in my head going...

"Who you? Distracted? I don't believe it.....!" hehe...

But it's true. There just wasn't time to get to the fabric store. Truth be told, I could've probably squeeeezed it in. However, that's not the experience I was thinking of. I'm looking forward to not rushing, to perusing the shelves, to feeling the textures, and to hopefully not cringing at the prices.

Plus, as I told my hunny, I am not at the point in my new quilt where I need anything I don't already have. So, I will wait until my next opportunity friday morning. Once I finish this quilt, and provided it has no major lessons left unaddressed, I'm hoping to begin the girls' Christmas blankets.


Our little Remy and I had a great walk this morning. Being so dark now, we both have to strap on our reflective strips. Twice now, in the last week, we have 'tested' Remy to see how she makes out with freedom in the woods. When she was younger, she was good at pushing her luck and ending up back on a leash. All summer, her off-leash time was spent at Marble playing fetch. Really there aren't the same sights and most importantly, smells. Both times she was wonderful. On this coming friday, we expect her chest protector to arrive. It's blaze orange, because this is hunting season here.  Remy looks incredibly like a fox, which I know is her breed characteristic - but that doesn't help our nerves when there are people, with guns, in the woods.


I'm not sure which protector my hunny ordered (I simply can't remember, and going to check seems like alot of effort right now - ha!). However, some of you may have no idea what I'm talking about. So I've borrowed this picture, just to give you an idea.


Source: http://www.gundogsonline.com/dog-vest/dog-chest-protector.html



Hope everyone has a great wednesday! It's September 15th already, can you believe that?! Crazy..

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment