Sunday, September 26, 2010

FALL HIKE BLISS

How does time go by so quickly?! Does anyone have a trick to make it slow down? Let me know...


We seem to be having camera issues lately too. Both of our cameras are the same make, and have exceeded 5000 pictures taken. Both our cameras seem to be losing their auto focus abilities. A disapointing amount of photos have been turning out blurry lately. It's not going to stop me from taking them, but it's a bit of a downer when I look at the photos after and see they aren't clear.


My hunny and I were off today, and the sun was out! It was a perfect fall day, so even though we had things to do - I just had to get out into the fresh air. Cabin fever! The dogs need walking everyday anyway, so why not take them on a little fall hike. PERFECTION.


We weren't prepared enough for a long hike, and we knew that once we made up our mind, if we went home there was the chance we would get distracted and not get out in time. Plus, we had plans to be at mom and dad's for sunday lunch. So, we just took off with what we had in the car (ourselves and the two animals being the most important).

Remy had so much fun! You should've seen her bouncing in and out of the bushes. Bear was a trooper, I brought my pack in case I needed to carry him out. It was rough going in some parts, and I wasn't sure how his leg would make do. He did great! I wish you could've seen how much fun they had. It really does my heart good.



Don't you wish that you could be there with us?


We stuffed ourselves at lunch, came home and had one dirty nap. I can't remember the last time we curled up on the couch, under a blanket and slept for an hour and a half. Awesome! Once we woke, it was time to get to work. We spent the afternoon stacking wood. In this weather it couldn't have been more perfect. Just the right temperature, the sun was shining and we got the shed cleaned out. All ready for moose, as soon as my hunny hits one. Maybe tomorrow morning, fingers crossed!

I hope you all had a perfect weekend like we did!  



I also just realized that Dad is coming in two weeks! YAY! It occured to me that if I could get some of my Christmas shopping done before he leaves, then I could save quite a bit on Canada Post. He agreed that he would gladly bring things back with him. There are also a few Halifax birthdays between now and then. However, that means I had better get my little butt in gear on Max's quilt. Yikes.... I have almost all the fabric, just need to pickup some brown broadcloth. Tuesday perhaps...

So much to do, so little time! Sounds like my motto lately....

Xoxo.
Leslie.

1 comment:

  1. it looks like such a wonderful day!! mike and I will join you one day, especially if we ever get our dog! Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete