Monday, June 14, 2010

Water Table

Sometimes I am amazed at how wonderful life can be.


Yesterday, sunday, was absolutely beautiful. Truly a summer day. It was my first day off since tuesday, and I had alot to do. Still adjusting to my new schedule, I found that alot of  my week's day-to-day chores had been pushed off. On top of that, there was't a speck of food left in the house. We needed groceries. Bad.

I was a bit sad to spend so much of such a beautiful day doing housework. It had to be done, and I realize that most people are stuck in the position of working all week and then spending their day off catching up in the house. Yet, it was getting my down. I also just barely avoided 7 years bad luck by jumping out of the way of a falling mirror. It never broke or broke me, thank goodness.

So my hunny rescued me with a trip for some ice cream, and a beautiful sunny, sunday drive. He always knows how to lift my spirits. Yesterday morning, we took the dogs to marble for some fetch. It was so lovely that we relocated to the pondside where we continued a mix-match of swimming and ball playing.

Remy made huge progress. Ever since her big water scare (you may remember, she jumped in the deep end without thinking), she's been afraid of it. We are working on this in little baby steps. Yesterday, she managed to succeed in getting in and out of the water on her own without stress. We were tempting her by constantly 'accidentally' throwing the ball into the shallow water.


However, she was definitely not interested in going out deeper than her feet could touch bottom. Evidenced by the scratches on this puppy mama's legs. I think to get to that part I will have to get a whole lot more wet than just up to my knees.

Yesterday evening, my hunny's parents had a wonderful surprise for us! A little patio set for out on our deck. Funds have been very tight and up until now anytime we went out there we sat on old pillows. Not anymore!



It also came with an umbrella for the table, but we haven't put it on. When I'm out there it is to enjoy what little sunshine we have, not block it out. I suppose it's nice to have though, in case the need arises. We did bbq supper and ate it outside last night! It was very exciting.

Ok I really have to run. My mornings fly by so fast! The sun is shining, and the dogs had a wonderful walk with me this morning. Now I have to run, get ready for work, make my lunch and skedaddle. (Really, all I want to do is curl up with this book. Darnit!)

I also want to share with you some wisdom from Master Oogway of Kung Fu Panda:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the 'present'. "

Tootleoo Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment