Sunday, June 6, 2010

Pearl Izumi Ad



I came across an ad, and something about it touched me.



I used to run. I'm hoping that down the road I may be able to pick it up again.



It frees and uplifts the spirit like nothing I've never known.



Perhaps that explains why I was drawn to this ad:

"Lets follow the baby boom with a runner boom. Imagine that. An entire generation of runners just waiting to lace up. You see, everyone is born to run. After all, each and every one of us is the product of eons of natural selection. Those who ran, survived. But today, thanks to the safety net of modern society, natural selection is no longer so selective. So now it's up to us, the runners. We used our legs to get homo sapiens to the top of the food chain.... To preserve something as important as running, it's the least we can do. It's also the most.... Run like an animal."



Now. I would also like to say that there is an undercurrent of negativity to his ad that irks me a little. As if somehow we are at fault. I'm not sure it's supportive or encouraging enough. And yet, it obviously makes a point - or else I wouldn't have posted it here.

Am I going to go running later? Naw..... lol

(All images and a info can be found at: http://www.itsarunner.com/)  

No comments:

Post a Comment