Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Bread Butcher

I'm on the hunt.

Have you seen anything like this in a store near you?



It's a bread knife with a wooden guard to ensure even slicing of fresh homemade loaves.

No, I haven't begun baking bread. However, my hunny's dad makes the most amazing homemade stuff that would just blow your mind. Amazing. And thus you can imagine my dismay at seeing the loaf butchered unevenly. *don't look at me!* hahaha. So anyway, I knew someone who had one of these once and now I'm on the hunt. This photo I borrowed from http://www.mountainwoods.com/ where I can purchase one from California.... but I was hoping for something a little closer.

~*~

We've started buying Maple Leaf Natural Selections meat products for sandwiches in our home. Have you seen it in your grocery store yet? Apparently it is made with no preservatives. For example, the ingredients for the oven roasted turkey breast are: turkey, water, sea salt, vinegar, potato starch, lemon juice concentrate, cane sugar, cultured celery extract and spice.
We are also fans of the black forest ham.
I know, maybe it's a gimmick but personally... I like knowing what I'm eating. When I buy processed meat it makes me think of hot dogs - just a mystery. I'm not knocking hot dogs either but don't you wish all ingredients lists were so easy to read?

~*~

On a final note, I apparently am going to see Eclipse tomorrow afternoon. My hunny's sis was pretty keen so I agreed to go. Will let you know how it goes.

I can tell it's going to be a good day!

3 comments:

  1. My folks have this knife at the cabin, a gift from an uncle in Ontario....perfect slice everytime... :)
    Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  2. if I get a chance I'll pop downtown this weekend and see if I can't find one for ya. oh theres a place in the mall I'll look too. I think you might have one in CB. Is there a stokes in the mall? they sell stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right. We have a stokes here and I never even thought about checking it out. Maybe tomorrow on my lunch work break I will stroll over and see if they have one. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete