Monday, June 21, 2010

~ Pocketful of Posies~

Pink.


I used to hate it. Have a real problem with it. Avoid it and ocassionally even point it out as a flaw on others.

I think in some ways I found it embodied traits that I just couldn't stand.

The overall superficiality associated with girliness I saw everywhere around me.


I was that age where image was important and I didn't want to be a stupid girlie girl.

People needed to see me as independant, intelligent and not fluff.

Perhaps with experience comes wisdom and a broadening of opinion.

I have learned that one can be respectable and feminine all rolled up in a cupcake together.


And there is no reason not to involve the color pink in the process.
It's cute. And helps me feel pretty. A little pink never hurt anyone, in fact I rather like it now.

Embracing my girlie side never felt so wonderful.

Next comes the lace!


No comments:

Post a Comment