Monday, June 28, 2010

Green Visit

I've missed you, have you noticed my tiny disappearing act?

I've been so busy, trying to fit so much into so little free time.


Put it this way, I didn't even have time to pick up the book I'm so grossly into right now, since last friday!

But I've decided to choose you first, book second this morning.

So much has been going on I don't even know where to start.

My dad showed up 1:30am on saturday morning, and then I went to work that day at 9am-630pm. My really good friend Jacqueline was driving through town and I don't think I've seen her in over a year! She's on a little road trip to see her family on the east coast and we got to have a quick, pleasant visit over a not so quick or pleasant meal. Here's an old picture of the two of us, just so you can see how wonderful she is:


That last image isn't actually mine, I've stolen it from her fb although I don't think she will mind. I can't tell you how happy I was to see her, and for her to meet my hunny. We almost got lost in a moment of sappy missing each otherness but pulled through it. We are sort of sisters really and have shared so many special times. I love her with my heart and although we never seem to talk enough or catch up as much as we should she's my girl.



Ok so back to dad's visit. We spent a bit of time after supper with him on saturday evening (he's staying with me so that makes it alot easier). Then sunday morning I had to getup and work 8am-530pm (UGH!). Last evening we had the rest of the day with dad, doing some visiting and going for the loveliest dog walk in the sun. He got to see first-hand the gorgeous trail system that I've shown you all pictures of before.



Oh, back track! My hunny's dad got home friday suppertime! So we are now fitting in visit time with him as well, because he is only here for a week. He brought me a present! It's called Dragon Pearl green tea and it's from a shop in Montreal. Camellia Sinensis Tea House. They are little tiny balls of chinese green tea and you put them in water and leave it alone to steep, when you come back to drink it you have snakes in the bottom of your teacup! Ok, maybe not really but that's what it looks like. Crazy medusa-hair ish. But of course it's actually green tea leaves. It tastes so fantastic, not bitter at all. No honey necessary just sip and enjoy. BLISS! Honestly, it's the best tea I've ever had in my entire life. That's saying something.

If you want to see the shop (and know where I borrowed that above photo from)

I had a look and couldn't find this exact variety on their website, but I also didn't spend much time looking.
Ok so back to dad's visit. He left this morning for his trip and we will be joining him this upcoming weekend. That's one of the reasons I'm punching the hours now, so I could get a few days off next weekend for my hunny and I to pack up the dogs and go join him.


Also, I finally got my butt in gear and the family photos dad arranged for us to have taken in March (when we had the quick trip to pickup Remy) framed and on the wall. I wanted him to realize how much I appreciated his efforts (and paying for them!). Not just have them tucked away in a drawer somwhere. With his arrival I was determined to have them hung up. I don't know what you're talking about, I've had them on the wall the entire time. Obviously. *wink* And yes, I went and took a photo of photos.


I can tell it's going to be a good day

(sorry for the run-on sentences and possible rambling... just much to do!)

1 comment:

  1. oh leslie I love your family pictures!! Thats a good lookin family!

    ReplyDelete