Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Puppy Dreams


Good morning all you beautiful people~!

So I read all the rest of my free time yesterday (and probably some times when I shouldn't have - like when my hunny decided to make us supper because my nose was stuck in a book). That means when I finally logged back into my blog this morning I saw that I was oh, about a thousand posts away from catching up with the usual lovely ladies I like to read. Ok, maybe not quite that many but it sure seemed like it. How many can I get through before work this morning? haha...

I had the most bizaare dream last night. I woke up this morning with it in my mind and remember it still. The neighbours in the house below us have a new puppy and I heard them calling out to it about a thousand times yesterday. Ok, maybe not quite that many but it sure seemed like it. I think perhaps that was the source of my dream. It went like this: I was out in the yard and came across the little puppy, except that it was missing three of it's paws and it's little tail had been cracked or bitten off. The puppy seemed in fine spirits but obvious need of medical attention. So I took it home with me, and first thing the next morning my hunny and I took it to the vet. The situation was assessed and the puppy's paws would not grow back but it could live without those. Then the vet asked if we were going to keep the rescue, if it was working out or would we like her to take it and find another home. Then I woke up.

I also think part of this dream came from yesterday's realization that I really can't watch those Animal Cops shows. They are always rescuing animals that are in horrifying condition. The small part of the show yesterday that I did watch showed them cleaning out a hoarder's house and there was an iguana with it's tail snapped off just like the puppy's in my dream.

Anyway, I've had better dreams. I think it has taught me a lesson, stay away from rescue shows.





p.s. If you're all wondering what book it is I'm reading so voraciously lately, here it is. The Swan Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova. (No, I can't tell you yet why it is called that). So head to your local library and check it out. Unless, of course, you have the same one as me - in which case you will have to wait until I've finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment