Sunday, August 22, 2010

WHOLE LOT OF ZIP

Having a bath in the middle of the day is nothing less than decadent. Especially when you have a new library book to bring in with you.

If you haven't done it, I highly suggest you try. Just watch and see if you don't feel like a queen.

Off work today, I know you are just waiting to hear about my adventure. I try to go and do something when I have a day off. Make a plan, a project or a destination. Today...... ZIP.

Relaxation.  Boring but occasionally necessary. I have a very busy two weeks coming up and today with my hunny (he's on call and can't go anywhere), being in the house and watching the two dogs sleep after a fetching morning..... it's nice for us all to spend some time together.

Peggy came by for tea this morning, and she fixed my sewing machine! Bobbin tension issues. We discussed blanket making techniques, and I got to give her a bag full of freshly picked lettuce. Trying to trim off that garden. I'm not sure when I will get to sew again, but it's ready when I am.

Remy and Bear sat with us this afternoon and watched a little of the Dog Whisperer. I'm not sure they learned anything, but it's always a nice way to remind ourselves to remain calm and assertive with the animals. Easier said than done some times, but we have wonderful dogs..... I swear they are! haha

Plus the weather has turned fall, it's quite gray and cool out. I love it! We picked a carrot from the garden, just to see how exactly they are doing underneath the soil. It was about an inch long. So we brought it in, washed it off and each had a munch. Mmm, I can't wait for them to grow a bit bigger.

Finally, the towels are white! And they small like a pool. Makes me chuckle every time I use one. I have some distant memory of a hotel somewhere having towels that smell exactly like that.... so I don't know where my brain travels to, but it's so fun. We are going to have to try this again in the future....

The world is awesome.

Xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment