Tuesday, August 10, 2010

SEWING SIZE ANIMAL

I seem to be having a hard time typing this morning. I just deleted everything I'd already written and am starting again. In attempt at possible explanation, I feel like a zombie. I dragged myself out of bed 6am to take Remy on a hardcore walk to downtown and back, then got home and added Bear to the equation for a final around the block loop. Now all I need is a caffeine drip and I should be able to get moving again.

My mom gave me a shirt last year, and over the weekend I decided that its boring life of hanging in my closet was over. It was a top that I like from the bust up, but the rest just looks like a potato sack on me. I tend to take it out (because I like the fabric), try it on, then take it off again and hang it back up. It needed a better life than that.

So I decided I could use all that fabric to make matching dog bandanas!

Before getting jiggy with the scissors, I took out my camera and snapped a few photos. This way you can see what I mean when I say it's pretty but more like a smock from grade school art class than a fashion top on me. Oh, and before you ask no I didn't dye my hair. These pictures are fresh out of the shower. Clean, just for you!





The first bandana I made took, I'm guessing, about 1.5hrs. Seriously. Now, in my defense, I edged it in reflective tape and I had to cut more than once to get the right size. The second bandana took a little more than 20 mins. Isn't that always the way? I was so proud of them when they were done. Remy's was a little big, but often when we buy new ones they start out seeming large and then after some wear and tear they fold up on themselves into smaller sizes. I want to put in a little note here, thanking my hunny for sitting calmly by while I moodily ranted about the fact that I do not sew because I enjoy it, but for the point of learning something practial and useful. I love him, and I'm so glad we took this photo before going to the movie...




because after we got back from the movie last night, Remy proved that perhaps hers was too big. She had eaten it, while still wearing it.







I wasn't totally heartbroken, as you might think. I mostly just laughed. I still think it's pretty hilarious. We will just have to try to make another set some time. Ultimately, it was only Bear who needed a new one anyway. Remy had earlier taken his off him, won possession in a tug of war and then proceeded to rip it up - we were outside gardening, in our defense... what a bunch of hooligans!

Have a great day everyone! Time for me to get ready for work.....

XOXO

P.s. The movie Salt is SO my kind of flick. I LOVED it. Oh goodness gracious me...... it was awesome!
P.p.s. My friend Gail is learning how to swim at the wonderful age of 29, and I am SO proud of her for being so brave. You're a rockstar!
P.p.p.s. I stumbled across this new background and love it! What do you think?

Xoxo

oh one more p.s.! I added some musical gems I found this morning to my playlist. Including one of my favorite songs by the Neverending White Lights that I saw in a movie preview last night, and it gave me goosebumps! Also, a version of the lullabye I sing to the dogs at night when Bear can't sleep. xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Those are some cute bandana's, although it would have been a super cute shirt once you get all preggers and stuff hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great idea. I guess they didn't share your enthusiasm;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your blog love your sis in law, Max misses you terrible

    ReplyDelete