Saturday, August 7, 2010

HOMEMADE REMEDY

Good morning everyone, hope you're all having a lovely weekend!

You have all met our little girl Remy.....


Well there is one place in the world that is her absolute favorite to be. Ok, maybe playing fetch at Marble is her absolute #1, but this is a more constant and important 2nd place...


on the deck.

If we are home, she'd rather be out on the deck than anywhere else.

Now, I've been getting in the habit of keeping the door open for her every time I'm here. Unfortunately, that means that if she's out there alone while I'm in the house, I can't keep my eye on her entirely. She's a bit mischevious, but not in a devious way. She pulls off the innocent puppy face really well. As if she just forgot that she's not alowed to chew on the deck. It's hard for us to catch her but there's obvious evidence that it's going on.

This morning I caught her. I decided that was enough. I will try one more thing (ok, I'd probably be willing to try more than that....) before keeping the door closed and her inside when I can't be out with her. I went into the cupboard and found the apple cider vinegar. I took it outside, poured it all over the area she likes to gnaw on.

Then I stood back to watch.

She sniffed. Sniffed some more. Ventured closer. At this point the vinegar had run off and was pooling just below the chew spot. She leaned in, hesitated, and then took a tentative lick. Haha, it was her last one. She was definitely not impressed. Even if all she does is stay away from the puddle, because the pouring never actually made the specific spot stay vinegary, that's ok with me. I think she has been seeing that it has already been chewed there, so goes back for more. It has to stop.

Although, I'm definitely going to need to go buy more vinegar.

It just started to rain.

Off to work I go!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment