Wednesday, August 11, 2010

EVERYDAY LEARNING

Things I have learned in the last 24 hours (or so...)


- If I plug the kettle in on the right side of the kitchen, instead of the left side, I can still reach the tap to fill it without unplugging first.

- First thing in the morning, my brain still thinks it is easier to plug the kettle in on the left, detach the cord from the kettle, fill it up, then plug the cord back in. Most likely because the outlets on the right are all used up.

- There's going to be a new version of Law & Order coming to tv, and I absolutely love the man voice that goes "and these are their stories". Dun dun.

- I enjoy walking in the morning without music. Yesterday I took my bb and listened to running tunes and had to take them off. They were giving me a headache. This morning I went with nothing and found it peaceful, relaxing even.

- My ipod is officially missing and perhaps hiding in my sister-in-law's suitcase. (Tanya - Will you look if you get a sec? Thx!)

- My hunny's Dad flies out tomorrow morning, and I get to drop him off. I love being there to pick him up when he gets home, so I will try letting him go.

- Our lettuce is growing out of control.

- My hunny put nitrogen on it a few days ago.

- The never-ending power of positive verbal reinforcement (Gail! You're a rockstar!! So proud of you!!)

- You can buy fresh apricots in a basket: Sobeys, $4.99 DEAL!

- Apricots in a basket are cheaper than bulk ones, and alot less bruised up. DEAL!

- Stephen Hawking thinks that humans need to abandon earth in order to avoid extinction.

- There is no one in my favorite coffee shop if you walk by at 6:30am, it's pitch black. I always just assumed they were early morning keeners.

- I absolutely love when people leave comments on my blog posts. Oh wait, I already knew that......hehe

- If you turn off your alarm/snooze in the morning before actually getting out of bed, you can't be surprised if somehow you manage to lose 30 mins of your day.

- There's nothing exciting like making my sleepy brain realize that it's only 7:05am, not 8:05am, and I already have the dogs walked. Wizard!

- There is a better first-thing-in-the-morning walking route than the one that yesterday took me down by my closed favorite coffee shop.

- "Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta" is no where near as good as the original.

- Surprisingly, my hunny has considered at some point getting a tattoo somewhere on his body of Remy.

- This little girl will not be getting any tattoos of any animals, no matter how much I love them to pieces.

- The Tetley Blueberry Green Tea is definitely the best flavors

- This humid weather doesn't do my hair any favors. Oh wait, I already knew that too.

- If you cover up a big, dead bug with your sneaker, and no one else is home but you and your animals, then the next time you move that sneaker the big, dead bug will still be there.

- Getting out of bed 3 hours before I'm due at work seems to be just the right amount of time I need. (I spend most of that time walking Remy, or drinking tea and watching the news).

- We really need to invest in a few new towels that don't have dog dirt stains that won't wash out (I hate the smell of bleach), big tears, runs or corners chewed off.

- I was born in the chinese year of the dog. Coincidence? I think I will blog more about this in a later post. Very interesting stuff.

- Both our kitchen flooring, and the outdoor deck stain seem to be the same color as Remy's coat.

- If in the morning you empty the dehumidifier, and then put the container back in and turn it on.... the next morning this process will repeat.

- Pre-made gravy is so salty it almost hurts my mouth

- I will eat anything when I get off work and am starving. Anything.

- I have the best hunny and dogs in the entire world. Oh wait, I already knew that too!

2 comments:

  1. I love this post. What a great way to start the day. You've made me smile. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so if Hawking says we should abandon earth to avoid extinction, where are we going?

    ReplyDelete