Tuesday, August 17, 2010

SEW DAY TOMORROW

One day to go and I get to sit at my sewing machine again.

On monday, after beaching with the animals, we had to run by wal-mart to pick up a few things. I'm not a huge fan of supporting big box stores, but they do have more convenient hours of operation. Plus sometimes, the price gap is just too big to ignore.

On this particular visit, my hunny brought me back to the crafty section and said he wanted to buy me some fabric. (Have I mentioned before that I have the best man in the world?!) Our wal-mart is phasing out bulk fabric sales, and so the small selection they do have is all on clearance. First thing I found was a cute mauve color with a stripe and it was only $1.00/meter. I got 3! So exciting! I also stocked up on some fusible interfacing. Technically I already had some, because I've been planning on getting to my latest pattern purchase which requires it. I hadn't realized it was on so cheap at wal-mart, also at $1.00/meter, and was feeling a bit ripped off for paying $3.99/meter earlier in the week. So I stocked up on a few meters of the interfacing too, in 2 different thicknesses. I figure it won't go bad, plus if I get to start making some bags down the road (like I plan) I will want it.

Meanwhile, hunny and I were discussing how great it would be to make some of our family homemade blankets for Christmas. When I mentioned something about the quality, he assured me they wouldn't have to be perfect. I don't expect they would be a cheap gift, but they would be unique and special. Wal-mart didn't have any clearance batting, but I priced it down at the craft store. Now, batting isn't my number one choice for stuffing, I like heavier blankets. I'm wondering if for the batting price they are charging, I might be able to find some sort of heavy campfire blanket or something that I could put in the middle of the quilting sandwich instead. Will have to investigate.

So tomorrow, I will sew something. I need to clean my machine needle as it got gunky sewing the velcro on animal bandanas. If it doesn't come back from the stickiness, I have some spare needles that came with the machine. I just have to learn how to change it, and then I'm good to go!

Hope that everyone has a lovely day today.
Xoxo


p.s. Toronto has become infested with bed bugs and the images on ctv are nasty. gag.

No comments:

Post a Comment