Wednesday, December 1, 2010

FRESH AIR FEELING

Now that I'm working indoors all day, I find that I get "cabin fever" more often.
Perhaps from the lack of fresh air. 

Whereas, when I was working on the road, I was content to spend my off-time home.

With my freedom at hand this morning, the dogs and I hit the road as soon as our errands were finished.
We were headed for fresh air, wide open spaces and had our hats, mitts, leashes and camera at hand.
I was bringing Remy to a place she had never been, and I knew that she would love it!


We went to BlowMeDown Provincial Park. It was closed for the season and thus a perfect place to explore. We parked outside the gate and walked all the way down to the beach.


Then we started our 650m straight up hike, beginning with the Governor's Staircase.
I don't know about you, but it always strikes me as a bit sketchy.


 Our hike brought us to Lark Harbour Head, and an incredible 360 degree view. With burning lungs and aching legs I was so happy! I may not be in the best shape but man oh man, it was awesome!

I gave our new camera's self-timer a try. There weren't many perches to choose from, but I think we made out ok! It's trickier than you think to get those animals to rush to a spot before the camera goes off. Haha



The view on the way back down.


It may have been a grey, chilly day but we had an incredible time.
I came back home feeling refreshed, happy, ready to start the housework and get supper in the oven!

Remy and Bear were perfectly behaved, which was just icing on the cake. Remy was better than I'd hoped for (I was taking a risk, she's been a little headstrong lately) and Bear was so happy, I could tell. I had been worried about his bad leg and the length/height of the hike. He was bouncy, galloping all the way back to the car. Hehe, love them.

(You'd be surprised how quickly a not listening animal can spoil a good time! lol)

Wish you could've been there with us, maybe next time?

Xoxo
Leslie

1 comment:

  1. Those pics remind me of a trip 3 yrs ago to the island. Good times :)

    ReplyDelete