Friday, December 31, 2010

GOODBYE HOLIDAYS



Well, it's all over for another year. When people ask how my Christmas was, my first response is

PERFECT!

and then my second, after thought is always

too short!

Maybe that's the way it is in retail. I think perhaps we are the first to begin the Christmas movement every year, and so we feel the buildup for quite some time.

If I weren't going to work this morning, I would probably begin to take down the tree. Perhaps that's what I will do with part of my day off tomorrow. Removing ornaments, one at a time.... 




and we still have to watch our annual Love, Actually movie... just haven't found the chance yet this year!
But considering I own a copy and save it just for the holidays, I want to make the time.
Maybe will do that tomorrow too!

The Christmas Card Contest isn't over yet either. We extended the cutoff to Olde Christmas Day, because of so many issues with the ferry and canada post.
However, mom's still ahead by I think 2 cards.




 

I trust that everyone had a lovely Christmas. My dad was here for a few days, he arrived on Boxing Day and left last night. We got to share our good news with him in person, which I was really looking forward too. I'm always sad to see him go. Had to fight back the tears as I saw him pull his van away down the road. You never realize how much you miss someone, until you spend time with them and then you part ways again. I love my dad so much.




So one last Merry Christmas everyone!

and of course

HAPPY NEW YEAR!



Xoxo.
Leslie

1 comment:

  1. sounds like the perfect christmas sweetie! I love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete