Tuesday, November 30, 2010

HO HO HO

I gotta tell you, I'm starting to get the bug. No, not the flu bug. The Christmas bug!

Most likely because yesterday afternoon we put the Christmas lights up on the house.


I'm not sure if you've ever driven by our place this time of year.... but we have alot of lights.

It didn't happen on purpose. Well, not really.... hehe.
Our first Christmas in this house we waited for the sales, got some deals and bought some lights. Just enough to get us started we said. We lined the driveway, put up some sale candy canes and were laughing.
The next morning they were all out. Not working.

As it happened, the outside electrical outlet wasn't grounded properly and it fried them all.

or we thought that was the case.


Now my hunny's parents are the best in the world, and I love them to PIECES.
They take such good care of me, I am so lucky and blessed to have them in my life.
Words cannot describe it.

They took pity on us and our burnt out Christmas decorations, knowing we couldn't go invest in more but how much we were looking forward to them. They had witnessed our excitement first-hand.
They went and bought us all new lights. They wanted us to have a perfect first Christmas in our house!
(have I mentioned how much I love them?) 



To end this long story, we found out that our first lights were not entirely blown. The candy canes had blown and broken the circuit required to keep the led lights lit up. So now we had all of our led lights, plus all of the beautiful lights my hunny's parents bought for us.

On top of that, when my Dad came for Christmas last year he brought us some lights that he had acquired.

So this year, they are all up!

We have decorated all sides of the house (you can see the back deck from the lower road down below us).
and it looks MARVELOUS!!!

I can't show you all the pictures yet because we ran out of zip ties before we could get up the last piece or two. (Who knew it would take over 150 zip ties?!!) However I will give you a sneak peek, and hopefully soon you'll see the finished product.

Or even better, DRIVE BY AND WAVE!

(I know, we probably won't see the wave... but on the off chance I did that would be awesome!)


Catch the fever everyone! It's spreading!

Xoxo
Leslie

4 comments:

  1. ahh......seeing pics of lights being put up on the house reminds me of my favorite part of Christmas; the Griswolds :) ho-ho-ho

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey now mom and dad can come to alberta, bring you guys as well and you can all hang lights at our house!!!!
    your house looks fantastic...great job jolly sister

    ReplyDelete