Friday, December 10, 2010

COOKIES

The baking has begun!
Do you know what this photo is the beginning of? Homemade shortbreads!


Yesterday morning I started by making gingerbread dough, and refrigerating it for later.
Next I took on the shortbreads, those are my favorite!

I make them every year! Last year Jess and I tried the mixer and made a terrible mess. This year, I went back to the old fashioned by hand method, and they couldn't have turned out better!



And Remy was VERY interested in the process. She helped me by cleaning up every dusting of flour that hit the floor. As I rolled dough, I could see her head out of the corner of my eye following back and forth, back and forth. She's always so curious!

And apparently last year I must have bought new cookie cutters. I don't remember it. However, when I took mine out yesterday, I had all sorts of new metal ones. Never used. Before I had a bunch of plastic ones that are a nuisance, and one metal one. Now I have an entire set. Rob vaguely remembers me getting them after Christmas last year. YAY!! What a great treat. Snowmen, angels, everything!

And of course, I had the yuletide fireplace going on tv for awhile. Man oh man, my hunny can't stand that channel. I think it's rather nice.

After supper, I brought the gingerbread dough over to little Miss Rachael's, and we made the gingerbreads together. We both had on aprons and santa hats, she's adorable. The same age as Max, 5.


and of course, after baking we decorated!


Christmas is in the air! Cookies are done, maybe now later this week we will get our tree decorated.

Hehe.

Xoxo.
Leslie.

1 comment: