Wednesday, December 8, 2010

HOLIDAY RAMBLINGS

It's incredibly dark outside.

I know, it happens everytime this year.

The way I see it, normally mother nature's way of combating the blackness outside is to blanket everything in white snow. This way, there is natural light and reflection, things are more visible and less bleak.

However, thanks to global warming I guess, people that are not supposed to have snow have it - and we don't.

Just another few weeks and it will begin to be light again.

~*~

We sort of need a new tree skirt. The one I have is the first one I bought on my own, and I believe I got it at a good deal.. haha. It's just a flat felt with a few shapes on it, however it has been pretty stained up by, I'm guessing, tree sap and sugar water. It looks like it could use some love. Or perhaps some replacement.

I was contemplating making one, I don't see why not. If I had started earlier, I'm pretty sure I would have. The dilemma is time now, I just don't know that I have enough. I have some nice dark green fabric that Auntie gave me though, and some leftover flannel from the little people's quilts I could use for stuffing. I would have to track down something to put on it though...

Going with what I do have on hand already, it would be economical. I was just hoping to have something new under the tree this year. I don't want to buy one, and then have it obsolete by making one next year. Oh, and all my sewing stuff is currently put away because it was taking over the little kitchen. However, I recognise that is just an excuse.

I think maybe it'll happen. The moving factor is that Auntie has already given me the fabric that I need. So really, it won't cost me anything - which is cheaper than going out and buying a new one. HA.

Will keep you posted. I'm off tomorrow (YAY!!) so among the zillion other things I plan on getting done, I will see if I can fit this in too.

Have a great day everyone!
Xoxo.
Leslie

p.s. I was just going back through some Christmas photos from previous years, to see if there was something I could add to spice up this post, and I saw that last December lil Jess and I did our cookies on Dec 5th. Here I was thinking it was still too early! oops!

P.p.s. Since we have zero snow, but are all missing it dearly - I think I will post an old photo showing some. This is one of my favorite pictures of my hunny and I. I love him.

2 comments:

  1. My sweet girl... this is your Auntie...and don't go get any fabric for Christmasy stuff..okk? I have loads here...really Christmasy too.... and u r soooo welcome to all ya want !!!... I will even deliver if ya want !!!..... and by the way, if u can remind me? I will tell you the easiest and simplest way to make what you need in just a few minutes..okk?
    I have lovely fabric, nice for making placemats, or to make table "runners", as they used to be called !..hahahaa Might be nice idea for next year???
    Don't work too hard my sweet girl. Take lots of time for youuuuu, and your Honey, and your 2 little darling doggies..... because you folk???? You are the most important of all !!! You deserve the BEST too.... for SURE !!
    Remember I love you ... bundles n bundles. Call me if you need anything at all...if I can help, I will.
    Hugs n smooches to ya xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda Lundrigan ( Auntie )December 8, 2010 at 7:13 PM

    OOOoooooooo..what a sweet, romantic picture of you too !! How lovely is thattt ! You make us all smile.
    Scenery is marvellous too !! But you two make it definitely something God made !

    ReplyDelete