Monday, October 4, 2010

RUNNING QUILTS

Good morning everyone!

I really wanted to write you today, but I seem to be running out of time. That didn't seem possible when I woke up this morning, however I'm going to take a moment to share anyway.

I had a heartbreaking nightmare last night. I woke up completely upset, and I'm making the effort now not to recall what happened. When my eyes opened, and looked at the clock, I saw it was 4:55am. Exactly 5 minutes before my hunny's alarm was to go off. Perfect. I knew that was it for me, there was no way I was going to fall back asleep. So we woke up together.

I relocated all the way to the couch with a comfy blanket, tv remote and pillow firmly behind my head. Here I remained for over an hour, managing to watch each and every news segment that came on the ctv newsnet at least twice. However, I wasn't getting anywhere, wasn't going back to sleep and decided to get off my butt. What else is there to do at 6am? Besides eat my mini wheats and drink tea...

I'm very proud to announce that I worked on my nephews quilt! Oh I'm good, I've even impressed myself. That kept me occupied for an hour, and the progress is visible. I wonder if my hunny will notice when he comes home later, hehe. I bet he reads this first, then goes and has a look. xoxo

When I finally popped my head up, the sun was rising and judging by the smooth surface on the bay, nice weather. I was feeling inspired (and no longer even a little sleepy).

- Now you will remember back in august, I began running a little with Remy. I think I went a total of 6 times. I didn't stop out of laziness, but an uncertain knee. Was it feeling tight in a good way? Because I'm working out the issues, or a bad way? Because I'm causing more damage. Was it from the running or from the changing of the seasons and a possible arthritis? Either way I stopped.

Well this morning we started again, and went further than ever before. Ok, technically we covered the same ground but we did so more by jogging and with significantly less walking in the middle. We both loved it! When we arrived back home, breathing heavy and smiles on our faces, I hopped in the shower and Remy rewarded my efforts by chewing up my socks. Yes, that's my little angel... AHEM, hooligan.

Dad arrives in 4 more sleeps. SWEET.

I think I may actually have to work on that quilt every morning for the rest of the week, not so sweet. Haha.

But, I get paid this friday. SWEET.

Ok, well I'm going to skedaddle. I thought I had a couple photos to share, however it seems hunny may have taken the broken camera in the woods. He swears he has a system to be able to still use it, something about pulling out on the lens while it is crunching. He snapped a few images of me dog cuddling last evening, but it seems you will have to wait to see those photos. I have no idea if they are even focused. If he gets his moose today, and takes a few pictures with that camera I REALLY hope they turn out. Fingers Crossed!

Have a super fantastic day everyone!

Xoxo.
Leslie.

No comments:

Post a Comment