Thursday, October 28, 2010

BLACK AND BLUE BUTTERFLY

Good Morning Everyone!

While my hunny was splitting wood, and I was stacking, he came across a little surprise.

We think perhaps it was hiding inside a big log, keeping out of the cold.


Is that even local to here? I mean, I've seen butterflies like this at the insectarium but I don't remember ever coming across anything this "exotic" looking just outside in nature.

The blue spots were so bright, and she was very large. And cold I think, she didn't have much interest in moving at all.


I'm going to have to google info on butterflies. My hunny seemed to think she was hibernating, I was pretty sure she was just trying not to freeze to death with her short little lifespan.

Either way, she eventually disappeared and hopefully on her own.

Have a great day everyone!
Don't work too hard!

Xoxo.
Leslie.

No comments:

Post a Comment