Tuesday, October 26, 2010

MOOS AND BOOS


We woke up this morning dark and early.... picked up my hunny's dad and hit the road.
Destination? Woods.


This is the view from our first little trek. I must say, I do like going uphill a whole lot more than going down. We were parked down by the pond. It was totally still, not a breeze. Perfection.

The men checked a few rabbit snares, set a couple more... oh and I of course snapped photos.


and I have to tell you... a certain little Remy was particularly goofy today. So prepare yourself to be bombarded with little girl pictures in this post.

We can't forget little bear man. Don't laugh at me, I was up early and in the woods. Yes, I was even wearing my new pretty rubber boots my hunny gave me. Now if you look at the photo directly below, on the right, I think that Remy's expression is HILARIOUS. Best photo of the day! Wait til her dad sees... hahaha.. "Mom! What are you doing?!"




Remy and her pop were watching caribou at this point. She loves the woods.

After hunting, we went to get what we originally came for - a load of wood. I love this photo because my hunny and his dad are about to cut down this tree, and soon as they started up the chainsaw - Remy was out.of.there! As you can see by this picture. Hehe


Remy wasn't too impressed with the unnatural noise, and I was rather worried a little wandering bear might get squat by rolling wood so.... We went exploring!




The dogs wore themselves out. Tired dogs are happy dogs and they had SO much fun. So did I actually, the fresh outdoors was wonderful and I just love the fall. What do you make of the new camera?


Overall, our animal count for the morning was 4 moose, 4 caribou and one absolutely HUGE bald eagle. 6 hours later, we were home and it was only 1pm. Still time to do a full day's work around the house. Haha, lucky us. I must tell you though, I doubt I will have any troubles sleeping tonight.



I hope that you all had a lovely Tuesday.

Try not to work too hard!

xoxo.
Leslie.

p.s. Does anyone know if mini Halloween Tootsie Rolls are super bad for you? I fall for them EVERY YEAR.

p.p.s. Next year I'm seriously going to buy treats I don't like myself.

p.p.p.s. I absolutely had to come back and edit this photo in. Don't you think it looks like they are holding hands?

No comments:

Post a Comment