Sunday, October 24, 2010

Quilting Madness

Hello Everyone!

I just have so much to share with you all, I'm not sure where to even start.

First off, my honey got his moose yesterday! I was so excited for him. When I got home from work, I asked for all the details, and if he got pictures.

His reply: "Nope, we don't have a camera".

My reply: "Well, that's enough of that!"

Did some quick research online, dusted off the visa, and picked up a canon a490 for $88 @ Walmart. SNAP!

I'm so excited. So soon you'll have pictures again.

Meanwhile, I also almost finished the quilt. Just have one last step, then I'll be showing you those photos as well.

This morning I took out my new slowcooker recipe book and decided to give the baked beans a try. Well, here we are 7 hrs later and they are in the oven. Turns out when they were 'finished' according to the recipe, it was a pot of tough white beans in red soup. That's no good, especially when we were planning on bringing them down and sharing with the parents.

So. They are now in the oven, hopefully being saved. Time will tell. Hopefully, not too much time.

Finally, Rob's mom and I got to go see the annual quilt show this afternoon. Blows my mind. It's really more like a fabric art show. I snapped a few pictures with my blackberry while I was there. Just had to show you! They are not the clearest quality, but hopefully you can appreciate how amazing the quilting is.



Here is my attempt at showing you the detail up close.


When we entered, Mom and I were each given a ballot for voting on our favorites. I chose the below quilt as my pick. Not because it had the most intricate detailing, but I loved it. There was a creative element here, instead of a zillion 1inch squares, someone designed these blocks to represent images of wildlife/cabin. It was SO nice.


I took a few pictures of the squares more up close, to try and share with you how great they are.






And here are a few others that I liked alot.





This one was my second favorite. It also had a wildlife theme, and used some really nice fabrics. The little card said the lady made it for her husband, to remind him of home while he worked away. Cute! Here are a couple closeups.



Quilting Madness!

Hope you all enjoyed the picture show. Will be in touch with updates soon, yay for new camera! It's worth the debt, what can I say.

Hope that you all had a great weekend!

Xoxo.
Leslie

1 comment:

  1. Great Pics, Love, love, love the quilts!
    Trudy

    ReplyDelete