Friday, March 19, 2010

creative thinking juice smoothie


Lately I seem to do my best creative thinking on the floor, sitting on the carpet of the living room, being cuddled by sleeping animals. It's awfully nice if you want to try it some time! My good buddy Dave came through and revealed the true motivation for starting his blog. This got me thinking. If it were only to comment on another blogger, I'm sure I wouldn't feel compelled to add content to my own blog. And there it is folks...


I know when you were little you were told you could be anything you wanted. You just had to put your mind to it or want it bad enough. I think for alot of people it's more the case of, you had to win the lotto first so you could afford to devote all your time to chasing a dream, that realistically you're not sure is going to make you happy or not but heck, go for it. I'm pretty confident most of us didn't grow up imagining ourselves where we are now... probably in positions we hold simply because we can handle living our days doing them and they pay the bills. HA


Alas, I digress. I love to read. I've always loved to read. Sometimes, I read alot. I've always thought it would be great to be a writer. The problem is, I've never had an idea of what exactly I'd like to write or any great stories for a book. The extent of my writing experience has been university papers, and they were hardly inspirational. Although, I did love doing research papers. Take that over an exam any day!


I heard once someone, somewhere say 'If you want to be a writer, you have to write things. You have to get into the habit of putting your thoughts down on paper, letting your ideas form through your fingertips". Did I hear that somewhere or make it up? At this point I can't remember, but I do know it sounds like decent advice. So here I am. Just trying to get into the habit of actually describing life with the written word. Luckily, I love life!

No comments:

Post a Comment