Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Bulls on Parade


I used to be a runner. Winter 2008 I became distracted when I started working at 4am in the mornings, having trouble adjusting to the new schedule. Then I met Robert. So needless to say by Christmas 2008 I was definitely off my usual routine of running 5x/week. Then in February 2009 I injured my knee and it has been all over since then. I must admit, sometimes it is a source of sorrow for me. I loved it. What made me think of this? After I dropped Rob off at work this morning, on the way home a song came on sirius that used to be my 'push to the finish song'. It was the song I used to try to play at the end of my run when I needed that final burst of gusto. Bulls on Parade by Rage Against the Machine. Who knows, perhaps when I get my knee brace and the weather warms up?

If anyone is curious : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-58-36lSqG4

I'm not sure about other places, but here in Corner Brook I've been seeing yellow/blue banners all over town. Not on buses or billboards, but on churches! Every single church in town, I believe, is sporting the big, bright banner. There are also websites listed under the headline. Some banners have one website, some banners have two. Finding the Hope if I recall correctly. But does everyone have these banners on their curches? One thing I can definitely say is, I'm impressed. How often do we see all churches, of all denominations get together and agree on something? It's refreshing to me that they can all get along well enough to organize and pull this off.

I didn't get to finish watching the Keep your Head Up Kid movie last night. After staying up to watch the first half on sunday night, and getting up early monday morning, we were just too tired to do it again last night. I'm going to stalk the CBC website to see if they are planning on running it again anytime soon. I was really enjoying it. No, I'm not a fan of Don Cherry. In fact, I can't stand him. However, the movie was excellent! (At least the first half of it).

I've never eaten meatloaf. Never had it. However, in my neato caserole booklet there is a recipe and I already have all the ingredients. So, I think I will try to make it today. How bad can it be? The ingredients list is decently appealing. The only tiny glitch I can forsee is breadcrumbs. I know you can buy these, but I thought I'd make my own. So yesterday I took some bread out to stale up, thinking it probably has to be hard before it can crumble. I know if I had a food processor this would be a cinch. But I don't. The process may require some googling, and worse case scenario I will go to the store to buy some. No biggie.

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea you injured your knee! My goodness, apparently we do not talk enough. haha

    I have never had meatloaf either. It just doesn't look that appealing to me to be honest. But let me know how it goes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i always loved meatloaf. Im a fan of sheppards pie too

    ReplyDelete