Tuesday, January 25, 2011

VALANCE BEANS

I tried it again - homemade baked beans!

I'm not sure if I told you or not, but last time I gave it a go they didn't turn out right.
The sauce was great.
The consistency was great.
The beans were little hard buggers.

Not this time! Boooooya!


Turned out awesome!
On some fresh, buttered rolls.
Lets see how we feel about them later! Haha.

Oh, Cutie Roomie Jess and I got ourselves into something today....
Something that is going to be alot of fun!

We have been living in this house now about 1.5 years,
have had patio doors since the very beginning (yay for renos!)
and they have been naked all this time.

We have the rod, still in package.
And no icing on the patio door cake.

Why have I been putting it off? Hard to say.
It might have started way back when I fell in love with a valance that wouldn't be mine.
It still sits in the shoppe, no one else has bought it.
They keep dusting it off, and putting it back on the shelf for sale.
However, at $39.99 per panel, and a two panel requirement - it's not practical.

Well........... Cutie Roomie and I stopped into the fabric store today and whadayaknow?
They were having a 30% off sale!

SALE!

So we settled on some fabrics.
Had incredible fun picking them out. At one point we had seven matching, coordinating pieces!
Finally, in the end, we narrowed it down to three.



The plan is to do some sort of quilting pattern.
I will also come up with a photo of our too expensive inspiration.
I believe cutie roomie snapped a secret one with her phone last time we drooled.

And now I'm ending this blog because our computer is so slow it has taken a full hour to get just this little bit posted.
This girl wasn't granted with any more patience than that.

Hope you enjoyed your day as much as I enjoyed my day off!

Xoxo.
Leslie

1 comment:

  1. Yummmmmmyyyyyyy those beans look great. Don't forget to save me some....lol!!!!
    Enjoyed our time today can't wait to do it again.

    ReplyDelete