Friday, January 14, 2011

BEAR UPDATE

Well,

He's not throwing up anymore, and the diarrhea seems to have stopped. At least the worst of it.

He sleeps.

I took him for a bit of a walk in the park yesterday morning, with Remy, because I thought the fresh air and exercise may help him get his thirst or hunger back.

No luck. Although he did seem to enjoy his time.

He just sleeps.

We've been keeping a close eye on him. So far he hasn't eaten or drank anything on his own.

He is on two different medicines, which he takes twice per day. Hunny and I are vigilantly keeping them on schedule.

I'm going to call the vet this morning and just ask advice re: eating and drinking. I don't want him to dehydrate. Auntie messaged me with some really good ways to try to keep the liquids in him. Those might be very helpful this weekend.

When Bear saw his doctor on wed, they gave him an injection of fluids to help combat dehydration. Perhaps they will want to do that again today.

It could be a long weekend if our little man doesn't start feeling better.

On a really positive note, Remy shows zero signs or symptoms. The vet felt that this wasn't something she could catch. Thank goodness!


I hope that everyone has a really great weekend!
Stay healthy and happy :)

Xoxo.
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment