Monday, January 31, 2011

SLEDDING HAS BEGUN

We finally got out for our first ride on the sled!



There is so much snow down in the woods, it was hard not to go up to your butt every step off the machine we took. I was glad to know we had our snowshoes with us, if we needed or wanted them.

It snowed from the minute we left, and the entire time we were in the woods.

However, instead of snowshoeing we brought supplies to do other things!
FIRE!



I love a good boil up in the woods. We haven't had one in forever! I'm proud to say that my man has skills! Plus, with the help of the kickass kettle dad gave us we had absolutely perfect cups of hot chocolate. I was pretty cozied in there, what can I say?

 Auntie gave us these mugs. They're awesome in the woods! Thanks Auntie! I could've stayed snuggled up in there all day. Well, my butt started to get a bit cold and I was filling up on liquids. Nature was starting to call, and we had a concert to get to later on so....

We eventually had to leave....

The Christmas before last dad gave us this amazing emergency kit. It's got everything we could ever need if we were in trouble, all sealed inside. We never go without it! My dad is AMAZING. He's my hero :)




Either way, we both had an amazing day. I had the most incredible day off on Saturday. In the morning we took the dogs out, and then I spent some time drinking tea, and chatting down with my hunny's mom while him and his dad worked on the truck. I love her, we have good wedding stuff chats. Then, we went in the woods on the snowmobile all afternoon. She worked like a charm!! Finally, we went to the HEART concert saturday night, which I've already told you all about.


Hope you managed to have incredible weekends too!I needed to have the quality time with my man, I love him so much and we don't always manage to get our schedules to work out well enough for that.
This weekend we did!
Xoxo.
Leslie



1 comment:

  1. Linda Lundrigan ( Auntie)January 31, 2011 at 2:49 PM

    Hii.. This is your auntie !! Linda lundrigan, by name..hahahaa., aka " AUNTIE". I love it !!
    So glad you are happy with the huge mugs ! Enjoy sweetie !!! And let me know if you need anyyything..ok?
    OO, what joy to see YOUR joy !! What a lovely time you guys had !! I hope you will have many, many times like that ! I am delighted to see the pictures...wowwwww..., what joy !
    I love you with all my heart, forever n ever !
    You are my girl !
    Auntie ! xxx

    ReplyDelete